Dr Abolo holds a Ph.D degree in Econometrics from the University of Lagos and is a fellow of three professional institutes in Nigeria. He was awarded National Merit Award by the Federal Government of Nigeria in 1984.
He is a consummate professional with extensive experience in risk management, compliance, project management, strategy crafting and execution spanning over 13 years. He is a business development expert with ability to link risk to corporate strategy.
He has equally covered the three critical areas of risk and beyond —Credit, Market and Operational risk with robust and vast knowledge of Basel II Implementation and the COSO framework.
He is an international scholar, a respected and tested economist, a prolific writer with strong passion for value creation. His experience cuts across the academia, public and private sector as well as journalism..
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Risk Management
- The COSO Framework
- Fraud Management
- Credit Risk Management
- 1995 to Date Who’s Who in the World (Marquis, USA)
- 1997 International Man of the Year (IBC, Cambridge, England)
- 1996/97 Men of Achievement in the World
- 1996/97 Who’s Who in Science & Engineering in the World (4th Edition) – Marquis, USA
- 1997 Dictionary of International Biography (IBC, Cambridge: England)
- Listed among Africa’s finest minds in risk management in the financial sector- a directory by the World Bank (WBI) to assist the African Union and NEPAD in thinking through continental development policies and programs
- Member, National Think Tank, Nigeria: 2007 to Date
- Bagged National Merit Award at UNILAG[Federal Government Scholarship) 1982-1984
- Member, Editorial Board, NESG Journal, 2008 – date
- Quarterly Management and Business Journal
- Journal of Total Quality
- Freight and Commodity
- Management in Nigeria
- Business Nigeria
- Journal of Banking
- Lagos Organisational Review
- Editorial Board Member, Journal of Banking, CIBN
- Nexim’s Quarterly Journal of Export
- Senior Bankers’ Course, Manchester Business School, UK-1997
- Strategic Marketing Planning, Michigan Business School USA-1998
- Finance For Executives, INSEAD, France-2000
- Senior Financial Analysts Program, LBS-2000
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, FranklinCovey, 2003, Anchored by Restral Consulting Limited
- Operational Risk Management & Basel II, Dubai, Jan 2004, Organised by EuroMoney
- Managing & Measuring Operational Risk for Basel II, UK May, 2005, Organised by EuroMoney
- Credit Risk Management , Lagos, Nigeria 2010
- Risk Management in Banking INSEAD, France, 2006
- International Financial Reporting Standards, DUBAI, September 2011, Organised by PWC
- Organisational Risk Management, UK—December 2012.
- Certified Compliance Officer[ CCO] , Accra, Ghana, Feb. 2013